}

News| Entertainment| Fashion | Politics | Sport | Money| Business|Lifestyle| Events|More



https://www.facebook.com/princeamudablog

Sunday, April 23, 2017

SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE DIED @ 62




The three-term Senator currently represents Osun West Senatorial district having won the election on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in 2015.
Adeleke died Sunday at Bikets Hospital in Oshogbo, the Osun state capital, after suffering a heart attack according to family sources.
Adeleke, the first civilian governor of Osun state, in 2014, dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
At an event in Osogbo, the Osun state capital, while leading thousands of his supporters to defect to APC, Adeleke noted that with the alleged assault on him by the then Minister of Police Affairs, Jelili Adesiyan, and candidate of the PDP, Iyiola Omisore‎, he and his followers were no longer safe in the party.
The former governor claimed he was called upon by the leaders of the PDP to contest the governorship seat in Osun having realised that Omisore stood no chance against the incumbent governor, Rauf Aregbesola.
He said he was thereafter betrayed and hounded.
“I am happy to be in the progressives. I was a governor under the Social Democratic Party (PDP) which was a progressive party, I was fully involved in the struggle for June I2″, Adeleke said.
“I was asked to come and vie for governorship that Omisore is not capable, I accepted, but a day to the congress I got to the hotel in Osogbo. The people I sent there were on the floor with guns pointed at their heads and I told the police that they are members of our party‎ from Ede.
“I then moved towards the room where I met Sogo Agboola, Jelili Adesiyan, Iyiola Omisore, Gani Olaoluwa and others. As I was about explaining what happened outside to the Minister, he descended on me with blows. So also was Omisore and others.
“They are a party breeding thugs. How can a whole minister of the Federal Republic be boxing, I have nothing against PDP, but I don’t see myself working for a criminal. I can’t support a violent person to go to the Government House.”

No comments:

Post a Comment